Coconut buns with chicken in hoisin sauce by Jamie Oliver
1 x 400g tin of light coconut milk;
2 coconut milk tins (500g) of self raising flour plus extra for dusting
Chicken, pickles and garnishes:
2 x 200g skinless chicken breasts;
140g mixed mushrooms;
3 tbsp hoisin sauce plus extra to serve;
1 tbsp light soy sauce;
1 tbsp rice or white wine vinegar;
1/2 bunch of fresh coriander;
3 tbsp sesame seeds;
1-2 fresh chillies
- If you have a food processor, pour the coconut milk into the processor with two tins of self raising flour. Also add a pinch of salt. Turn on your processor.
- Put the dough on a flour dusted surface and roll the dough into a sausage shape.
- Cut the dough in 8 even sized pieces and place it into a double layered muffin case.
- Next put it into one layer of the steamer.
- Pour the boiling water into wok and put basket of buns on top with the lid on and leave to steam hard!
- Cut the chicken into 1 cm stripes and toss in a bowl with roughly torn mushrooms, hoisin sauce, juice of half a lime and a pinch of salt.
- Get the second steamer basket and add the chicken. Put your chicken basket underneath the tray of coconut buns for 5 minutes until cooked through. This is important, because you don’t want chicken dripping on your buns.
- Next peel the cucumber into ribbons and toss in a bowl with soy sauce, vinegar and a few torn coriander leaves. With your clean hands squeeze and scrunch everything together to make a pickle.
- Toast the sesame seeds in the frying pan until golden and then tip into a little bowl.
- Serve the buns with chicken, scattering everything with the remaining coriander leaver and finely sliced chilli.