berry and white chocolate torte
7 large free range eggs
1 cup of caster sugar
1 cup self raising flour
1/3 cup cornflour
White chocolate mousse:
2 tsp gelatine
300g white chocolate
750ml double cream
3 tbsp coconut flakes
1. Grease and line bottom of a round spring form cake pan with a circle of parchment paper. Preheat oven to 340 F.
2. Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Beat egg whites for two minutes and slowly add in sugar, whisking until stiff peaks form. Slowly beat in one egg yolk.
3. In a mixing bowl, sift flour and cornflour. Slowly mix in sifted flour into egg white combination, gently stirring after each addition.
4. Pour cake batter into pan and bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan.
WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
1. In a small bowl, mix gelatin and 2 tbsp water. Let it soak for 15 minutes.