Noodles with Mushrooms and Lemon Ginger Dressing
Lemon Ginger Dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon Asian chilli powder (or cayenne)
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g noodles
- 300g fresh mushrooms (I used chestnut mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tbsp minced fresh herbs (parsley, green onion, or basil)
- 1 hanful of green peas
1 Make the dressing by combining all ingredients, except for the sesame oil and olive oil in a food processor or hand blender. Run the blender for a few seconds, until all ingredients are combined. With the machine running, drizzle in the oils.
2 In a pot, cook the dried noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
3 Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add the butter and when the butter starts bubbling, add the mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms for 2 minutes.
4 In a large bowl, toss the cooked noodles with the mushrooms, fresh herbs, peas and some of the dressing (to taste.)