thai curry lentil and sweet potato soup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 tbsp ginger, peeled & diced into small pieces
1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
1 medium sweet potato (500g), peeled and diced into ½ inch cubes
2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
3 cups stock (veggie or chicken)
¾ cup dried red lentils
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp lime juice
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent and cooked through. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for a minute.
- Add the curry paste and cook until onions/garlic/ginger are coated and you can smell the curry paste, 30 seconds-1minute.
- Add the sweet potato, carrots, stock, lentils, fish sauce and lime juice. Cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, until lentils and sweet potato are cooked through.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy. Stir in the coconut milk. Add salt and additional lime juice to taste.