Savoury goat cheese tart with figs and chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sheets ready-rolled filo pastry
- 75g crème fraîche
- 125ml milk
- 15g basics Italian hard cheese, grated
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 125g pack goats’ cheese, crumbled
- 140g pack fresh figs, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Brush an 18cm round loose-bottomed cake tin with a little of the oil, then line with 1 sheet of filo pastry. Layer the remaining sheets of pastry, laying the sheets on top of each other, brushing with oil between each layer.
- Put the crème fraîche, milk, grated hard cheese, eggs and chia seeds in a bowl and mix together. Stir in the crumbled goats’ cheese, season with black pepper, then pour the mixture into the tart.
- Arrange the figs, cut-side up, over the top and scatter over the remaining thyme. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until golden and set.
- Let the tart cool slightly, then slice and serve with the salad.