cannelloni stuffed with courgettes, rocket and mascarpone
9 tbsp olive oil
2 large courgettes, finely chopped
100 g rocket, chopped
1 pinches black pepper
300 g mascarpone
1 red chilli, chopped
1 onion, chopped
100 g Parmesan, grated
20 dried cannelloni pasta
2 cans chopped tomatoes
200 ml double cream
1 handfuls leaves basil
1. Heat five tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the courgette, onion, chilli and rocket and fry until softened.
2. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
3. In a large bowl mix the mascarpone with the courgette mixture. Mix in 50g of the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
5. Fill the cannelloni pasta with the mixture.
6.In a greased baking dish place the cannelloni in a single layer.
7. Spoon the chopped tomatoes on top and tip in the double cream. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, season well and scatter roughly torn basil leaves on top.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top and bake for a further 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately.